Introduction to Drypoint Printing | February
February 24 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£60
Drypoint is the most accessible form of intaglio printing. The course will introduce you to the basic drypoint techniques for single colour printing using drypoint plastic plates and will include:
- A brief study of examples of drypoint prints.
- Introduction to the variety of materials that can be used as drypoint plates
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using drypoint tools.
- Development of your design (at A6 size)
- Use of drypoint tools to build up your design
- Techniques to ink up your drypoint plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course is limited to four people and will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.