Introduction to Drypoint Printing | March
March 24 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£60
Drypoint is the most accessible form of intaglio printing. As with all our courses the day is limited to just four people to ensure that you will get the best experience out of your time in the studio. We will introduce you to the basic drypoint techniques for single colour printing using drypoint plastic and paper drypoint plates. The day will include:
- A brief study of examples of drypoint prints.
- Introduction to the variety of materials that can be used as drypoint plates
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using drypoint tools.
- Development of your design (at A6 size)
- Use of drypoint tools to build up your design
- Techniques to ink up your drypoint plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies. See photos from previous course.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.