Introduction to Linocut Printing | April
April 14 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£60
Linocut is a great way to explore relief print making. As with all our courses the day is limited to just four people to ensure that you will get the best experience out of the day The course will introduce you to the basic linocut techniques for single colour printing and will include:
- A brief study of examples of linocut prints.
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using linocut tools.
- Development of your design (up to 20cm x 15 cm in size)
- Transfer of a design to Lino.
- Use of linocut tools to carve your design
- Techniques to ink up your linocut plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies. See photos from a previous linocut day course.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.