Introduction to Linocut Printing | March
March 10 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£60
Linocut is a great way to explore relief print making. The course will introduce you to the basic linocut techniques for single colour printing and will include:
- A brief study of examples of linocut prints.
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using linocut tools.
- Development of your design (up to 20cm x 15 cm in size)
- Transfer of a design to Lino.
- Use of linocut tools to carve your design
- Techniques to ink up your linocut plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course is limited to four people and will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies. See photos from a previous linocut day course.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.