- This event has passed.
Introduction to Linocut printing | Fully Booked
January 6 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£60
Linocut is a great way to explore relief print making. The course will introduce you to the basic linocut techniques for single colour printing and will include:
- A brief study of examples of linocut prints.
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using linocut tools.
- Development of your design (up to 20cm x 15 cm in size)
- Transfer of a design to Lino.
- Use of linocut tools to carve your design
- Techniques to ink up your linocut plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course is limited to four people and will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.
This course date has passed. See details of the next introduction to Linocut course in February