- This event has passed.
Drypoint Printmaking at the Fisher Theatre | Sat 25th August
25th August 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A printmaking workshop at the Fisher Theatre, Bungay in conjunction with the paper-works* exhibition to be held at the theatre from 23rds July to the 24th of August .
Drypoint printmaking is the most accessible form of intaglio printing. The workshop will be held in the first floor gallery space. Access is available to the first floor by Lift. The day is limited to six people. We will introduce you to the basic drypoint techniques for single colour printing using drypoint plastic and paper drypoint plates. The day will include:
- A brief study of examples of drypoint prints.
- Introduction to the variety of materials that can be used as drypoint plates
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using drypoint tools.
- Development of your design (at A6 size)
- Use of drypoint tools to build up your design
- Techniques to ink up your drypoint plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies.
* Lunch will be provided by the venue.
Booking is available direct from the venue: The Fisher Theatre, Bungay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org