- This event has passed.
Introduction to Linocut Printing | Sat 12th May
May 12 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£60
Linocut is a great way to explore relief print making. As with all our courses the day is limited to just four people to ensure that you will get the best experience out of the day. The course will introduce you to the basic linocut techniques for single colour printing and will include:
- A brief study of examples of linocut prints.
- Exploration of range of marks that can be made using linocut tools.
- Development of your design (up to 20cm x 15 cm in size)
- Transfer of a design to Lino.
- Use of linocut tools to carve your design
- Techniques to ink up your linocut plate
- Printing out your designs using a professional press
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course will be led by Lisa Hurcum and Hugh Davies. See photos from a previous linocut day course.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.
Please order tickets below or contact us if you have any queries.
Tickets are delivered by email. To ensure that your tickets are not marked as spam please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
Terms and information
Please be aware that all courses are held on the first floor which is only accessible by stairs. Please contact us before booking if you have mobility issues so we can endeavour to accommodate your needs. All participants must be over 18 unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to cancel your booking then please contact us as soon as possible . We regret that refunds cannot be given for cancellations received less than two weeks before the start date of the course. We will offer alternative dates for cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the course. If we need to cancel a course for whatever reason we will notify all participants as soon as possible and issue full refunds.
By booking you confirm you have read and agreed to these terms.