Photograms and Pinholes
An experimental worksop day exploring the basics of photochemical image making on paper through making images on light sensitive paper without a cameras and also with a simple lensless pinhole camera. by the end of the day you will take away photogram images on cyanotype paper a pinhole camera of your own and photographs taken with it.
You will be on the course with a maximum of one other person to ensure that you will get the best experience out of the day. The course will introduce you to the basic techniques for pinhole photography and photograms:
- A brief study of examples of pinhole photographs and photograms
- Preparation of cyanotype paper for photograms
- Cyanotype exposure test strip
- Creating and developing two A4 sized photograms with pre prepared cyanotype paper
- Making a pinhole camera from a readymade container
- Estimating exposure times
- exposure test strips
- taking photographs with your pinhole camera using positive photographic paper
- processing your photographs in the darkroom
No previous experience required. All materials and lunch* will be provided. The course will be led by Hugh Davies.
* Lunch will be vegetarian/pescatarian using locally sourced products where possible. Please advise us in advance of any specific dietary requirements.
Tickets – Sold out – next course date 3rd November
Please order tickets below or contact us if you have any queries.
Tickets are delivered by email. To ensure that your tickets are not marked as spam please add email@example.com to your address book.
Terms and information
Please be aware that all courses are held on the first floor which is only accessible by stairs. Please contact us before booking if you have mobility issues so we can endeavour to accommodate your needs. All participants must be over 18 unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to cancel your booking then please contact us as soon as possible . We regret that refunds cannot be given for cancellations received less than two weeks before the start date of the course. We will offer alternative dates for cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the course. If we need to cancel a course for whatever reason we will notify all participants as soon as possible and issue full refunds.
By booking you confirm you have read and agreed to these terms.